Asian Windsurfing Championship 2021
Elite windsurfing returns to Oman in 2021
The Sultanate of Oman has garnered worldwide attention as one of the world’s most exciting event hosts, boasting an impressive growing roster of international events in several sailing disciplines. The country has also gained notoriety as an impressive emerging tourist hotspot. In October 2021, the spotlight will shine on Al Mussanah Sports City, for the Asian Windsurfing Championships 2021, which will be the first time the Formula Foil windsurfing class will be represented at the championships.
Notice Of Race
Racing will be structured to include six days of qualifying featuring 50 riders from 15 countries across all three classes, in separate male and female competitions. After five days of racing, the winners will be named Asian Champion in Formula Windsurfing Foil, Techno293 Junior, Techno293 Youth, Techno293 Plus Youth and Techno293 Plus Open classes.
|Monday||11 October||8:00 – 12 :00 17:00 – 18 :00 18:00 – 19 :00||Registration / Equipment Check Competitors Briefing Opening Ceremony|
|Tuesday||12 October||10:00 – 12:00 12:15 – 12:40 13:00||Late registration / Equipment Check Coach Briefing Racing|
|Wednesday||13 October||10:30 – 11:00 13:00||Coach Briefing Racing|
|Thursday||14 October||10:30 – 11:00 13:00||Coach Briefing Racing|
|Friday||15 October||10:30 – 11:00 13:00||Coach Briefing Racing|
|Saturday||16 October||10:30 – 11:00 13:00 18:00 – 19:00||Coach Briefing Racing Closing Ceremony|
Al Mussanah Sports City:
Located approximately 100km north of Muscat International Airport, Al Mussanah Sport City is has hosted a wide variety of continental and world championships:
- 2nd Asian Beach Games 2010
- The Extreme Sailing Series from 2011
- The Laser World Championships 2013
- The RS:X Worlds 2015
- The Laser Radial Women’s World Championships 2015
- IODA Asian & Oceanian Championship 2019
- World Sailing Annual Conference 2013
- ASAF General Meeting 2019
- 4-star 320-room hotel within operated byinternational hotel chain Millennium.
- Accommodation for competitors, coaches, ocials and other sta involved in the regatta.
- Restaurant and recreation facilities within the athletes’ village.
- Media Centre with special conference facilities, studios, internet facilities, etc.
- A marina for 56 sailing boats and training purposes.
- A central drop-off and vehicle parking area.
- Ample storage space/areas for competitors, coaches and equipment providers.
Oman At A Glance
7 - 15
Average Precipitation /
Hours / Day
ARRIVALS INTO OMAN INCLUDING COVID-19 PROTOCOL
Arrival into Oman will take place between October 00th and October 00th 2021. Teams will arrive by air via Muscat International Airport, Dubai International Airport, or by road from the United Arab Emirates.
All travel guidelines will be adhered to by all competitors prior to arrival to Oman. These are currently:
- All attendees of the event arriving into Oman will be required to undergo a PCR test at least 72-hours before their scheduled arrival and to present a certified medical certificate of a negative COVID-19 test result.
- All attendees of the event arriving in Oman are required to have international health insurance covering the cost of COVID-19 treatment valid for one month.
- All attendees of the event will be required to pre-book the PCR test to take upon their arrival in Muscat International Airport. This can be done through the Tarrasud+ app. Event attendees will be required to pay the relevant test fee.
- All attendees of the event to download (Tarrasud+) application prior to arrival in the Sultanate.
- All attendees of the event arriving in Oman from any country will undergo another COVID-19 PCR test on arrival, wear Tarrasud+ bracelet and then be transported directly to the Atana Khasab Musandam Hotel via an official event vehicle (80 Euro charge for return trip).
- All attendees of the event will stay at the Barcelo Mussanah Resort. No other accommodation will be allowed to be used throughout the event period.
- Upon arrival at the Barcelo Mussanah Resort, all attendees of the event will follow the hotel’s COVID-19 procedures.
- Event attendees will be required to quarantine within the Barcelo Mussanah Resort for 7 days from arrival before they can go on the water.
- During this quarantine period, all attendees agree to follow the guidelines set out by the event organisers.
- Any attendees who have received a COVID-19 vaccine, must travel with their vaccination certificate and will be exempt from any quarantine procedures.
Latest update: April 22, 2021
For more details click here.