Job Title: Finance & Administration Director (FAD)
The Finance & Administration Director position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the on going development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The FAD will also have ultimate responsibility for managing people on both operational and strategic level. Create and implement HR strategy to support and drive Oman Sail objectives.
Support CEO in all matters relating to People’s and Financials of the company.
As part of his responsibility the day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of Oman Sail. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
Also develop, maintain and implement company policies and procedures.
Development of Human Capital investment including, responsible to attract the right talent, support all Directors to manage all employee including top talent and poor performers.
- Establish strategic objectives in Finance & Administration Directorate.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic Financial and Admin objectives.
- Monitor Company’s financial portfolio, co-ordinate with banks and other financial institutions on matters related to investment, financial commitments and ensure that finance portfolios are compliant with the legal statutes.
- Lead and direct the Finance & Admin directorate and other directorates in the process of budget preparation & Managing 2020 plans.
- Lead, direct and monitor to ensure financial transactions of the company are recorded in the books of account as per the generally accepted principles of accounting and ensure that the accounting methodologies are compliant with the laws governing the financial accounting and reporting of the Sultanate of Oman.
- Define & Authorize department level service standards for various services rendered by the Finance, Accounts , Procurement , Logistic ,IT ,HR, Facility Administration and Ensure that the team members are made accountable for delivery of services as per standards. Conduct discussions with internal and other external entities and align the service standards.
- Develop cordial relationships with banks, financial institutions, business entities, investment bankers and regulatory authorities.
- Define and ensure implementation of proper internal control policies and procedures. Interact with directorates and ensure proper controls are established and adhered to, communicate internal policies and procedures as and when required, conduct periodic review of the policies, define benchmarks to measure the internal control levels and monitor the same.
- Ensure submission of periodic financial reports (monthly, quarterly & yearly) to the CEO and the Board of Directors. The reports shall be detailed and shall reflect the true and fair view of the financial affairs of the company, analyse the financial information using appropriate tools and methodologies that enables the senior management and board of directors to take decisions.
- Participate in senior management meetings, conduct & record department meetings, lead and direct the team members on resolution of issues and provide guidance to team members.
- Overseeing asset and business acquisitions & Advisory role in macro-level treasury & banking decision making
- Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organisation.
- Develop, Contribute and support Oman Sail strategy and contribute to the long term development of the Oman Sail.
- To establish and maintain satisfactory labour / management relations (to formulate and administer the labour relations policy in accordance with HR Policies in Oman).
- To Source Omani top talent and expat who can inject the knowledge to the locals.
- Drive & Manage the Human Capital Investment (HCI) and the Development plans for all employees & provide the necessary support and advise.
- Develop and Maintain Career & Succession plans for all departments.
- Establish and Maintain and efficient/ fair Performance Management scheme and Manage the appraisal cycle.
- Development & drive accurate and efficient payroll system.
- Develop & maintain the Comp & Ben in the Company and in line with the market.
- Drive the Engagement in Oman Sail, Connect People with Oman Sail objectives and drive the Culture and instill the values.
- Responsible for IT Management by advising the company with IT solutions that will best help them grow and perform more efficiently.
- Responsible for procurement Management particularly in pricing negotiations, service contracts and authorization of new vendors as well inventory control.
- Responsible for Logistics Management by ensuring the most cost effective way are implemented in the company.
- Responsible for Facilities Management, particularly in relation to buildings, premises, estates, technical services and other asset.
- Manage & develop Department Employees.