Job Title: Logistics Officer
The post holder is to assist with the logistics and operations of the International Race Team and Offshore Sailing Squad and serve as liaison between teams and the project manager to ensure a smooth flow of activities.
Key Responsibilities Areas:
• Ensures maintenance of up to date country and plant shipping instructions by mode of transportation.
• Negotiates agreements with local carriers, forwarding and customs agents.
• Leads the coordination effort with the projects managers in preparation of goods for shipping.
• Ensures proper packing, marking, labeling, weight and dimensions of cargo.
• Ensures compliance with shipping instructions to final destination; supervises and creates documentation required to ship goods to end destination as per shipping instructions.
• Obtains import and export permits and licenses; whenever necessary.
• Responsible for the accurate completion of the Shippers’ Dangerous Goods Declaration form for hazardous cargo.
• Ensures compliance of the logistics organization with policies, procedures and local laws, and global logistics guidelines.
• Maintaining financial records for the department and assisting Director with collating the detailed monthly spend of diverse teams.
• Conduct regular performance reviews and appraisal of new and existing suppliers, contractors, agents and service-providers to assess their performance.
• Taking a lead role in liaison with the Offshore Sailing Squad.
• Managing logistics for the Offshore Sailing Squad: Travel, Visas.
• Working with the Logistics Manager and Director of Operations on all logistical and operational activities as required and instructed.
• Covering for any other member of the logistics team as and when required.
• Assisting at a number of Oman Sail Events through the year undertaking roles as explained in advance by the relevant Event Manager.