Job Title: Digital Web Developer (DWD-155)
Job Function: The post holder will develop, build and maintain the front and back ends of multiple websites and develop web applications using the latest technologies.
Report to: Head of Creative
Key Responsibilities Areas:
• Control the technical front end and back end of all Oman Sail websites
• Maintain and backup all Oman Sail websites files
• Use Analytics tools to receive, analyze and report on web statistics
• Supervise and maintain the Oman Sail domain, FTP, and hosting services.
• Coordinate with vendors on web related projects
• Work closely with the creative team to establish their expectations and requirements
• Upgrade existing websites owned by Oman Sail
• Troubleshoot and fix problems related to the websites
• Regularly update all Oman Sail websites
• Create mobile applications to support various Oman Sail campaigns
• Helps conduct web analytics to support the evaluation, development and promotion of the website.
• Contribute to the development of the website particularly with regards to usability, accessibility and system functionality
• To provide advice and produce graphic solutions for the website and on-line marketing
Skills & Attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree in digital media, communication or equivalent with 2 years experiences in web development and design languages or High Diploma with 4 Years of Experience
• Basic understanding of competitive design trends that are translated into the product development process
• Fluent Arabic and English spoken and written
• Multitasking and good time management
• Design and writing skills
• Updated with latest technology and trends in the market (HTML5, CSS3, Responsive design, etc…)
• Solid skills on web programming languages such as PHP.
• Knowledge work with readymade CMS’s (like WordPress) and the ability to customized them.
• Solid knowledge of building and maintaining a
database (MYSQL and SQL servers)
• Ability to develop mobile applications is plus.
• Excellent written communications skills, attention to detail and grammatical accuracy
• Engaging in and promoting on-line communities, including via social media
• Links of Web development portfolio to be provided with the job application.
Creative flair and good understanding of technical process
Passion for information technology and good programming skills
Ability to analyze problems and propose solutions
Organized and able to multitask
Ability to work within a team and independently
Desire to work on a project from concept through to execution